西雅图, WA 98103
Simkin Course Types
Main 事件 Feed Filter
TENS Training for Doulas
Safely incorporate the use of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) into your doula practice. 在这个2.5 contact hour course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the theories explaining the physiological and physical mechanisms of pain coping with TENS
- Discuss research findings on pain coping, safety and satisfaction with TENS during labor
- Demonstrate the proper application and use of TENS
- Discuss precautions and reasons for the precautions with the use of TENS.
The following registration policies regarding Refund, Cancellation and Discount Policies only applicable to this training.
- No refunds are granted for cancellations.
- Participants registered for the full course will not be refunded for any missed sessions and may not receive certificates of attendance.
- 20% to discount provided to former 内中心 and Bastyr alums,faculty, staff and students. (Please call the office, so we can process registration and apply discount payment. 425.602.3378)
- Bastyr University reserves the right to cancel courses with insufficient enrollment, in which case a full refund will be granted to those registered
Approved ICEA contact hours for TENS TRAINING FOR BIRTH DOULAS-2.5 联系 Hours (ICEA CTNC03_2622)
The 内中心 Workshop Hands on Body Mechanics for Longevity and Tens for Doulas training will be taught by DONA International-approved trainers whose leadership is recognized in our professional maternity and childbirth communities.
Laurie Levy, MA, LMP, CD/BDT(DONA), LCCE, has been a birth doula since 2001 and a doula trainer for DONA International since 2015. She is a licensed massage therapist specializing in the perinatal period and injury treatment, and an instructor of human anatomy and physiology. Laurie brings her love of the amazing human body to all her classes.
Kim James, ICCE, LCCE, CLE, BDT(DONA) is a senior instructor and faculty leader. She is a DONA International-approved birth doula trainer and an internationally certified childbirth educator 通过 ICEA and Lamaze International. Kim serves on the 教育 Committee at DONA International.